~SW~ Annar ~SW~ Annar

I have no idea what to call this kind of music, but I like it. A lot.

That's really all I have to say.

SkyeWint responds:

Perhaps we can just call it "music of some description".

AmperSand - Destiny (Original Mix) AmperSand - Destiny (Original Mix)

Pretty damn impressive effort, this.

It has the same level of cohesion as a professional release, something I've been trying to achieve for a long time. The only issue I had with it personally is the slap bass. Not the use of it - it sounds fine when there's a lot going on in the mix. But when it's exposed and playing on its own, it sounds kind of cheap. Not in a this-is-what-the-genre-is kind of way, more of a I-couldn't-afford-a-real-slap-bass kind of way. I don't mean that as an insult at all, that's just how it comes off.

The only way the track might fail in terms of appeal is its dissonance. There were quite a few notes that sounded out of key or out of chord. This is fine if used sparingly, but it seems to carry the track here. I actually like the dissonance, personally, but it's probably not everyone's cup of tea. If it turns out that the music theory is 100% technically "correct" in your project file, I'm not sure what I'm hearing - but I'm pretty sure I'm right about this.

Anyway, great track. I'm going to download it.

AmperSSanD responds:

Wow big thanks for the awesome review

You´re probably right, I'm not a music theory expert, and i get what you mean about the bass, maybe it is too high in the mix, anyway I'm glad you liked it and thanks for downloading

The First Snowfall In October The First Snowfall In October

I take it you live in the Northeast then? It flurried yesterday here.

Anyway, I have nothing bad to say about this. The mix is perfect, the composition is perfect... it's perfect. Might I be wrong in saying you take influence from Lunatic Soul? A lot of the atmosphere reminds me of that project, and it's one of my favorites.

Waxlimbs responds:

I do, Montreal for school and Toronto for the rest of my life!
This is really nice of you! Thanks so much. I haven't heard of Lunatic Soul, but I'll give them a listen now for sure. Thanks for turning me on to new things :)

EDIT: Oooooo I like this!