View Profile MaxPoly

5 Audio Reviews

I have no idea what to call this kind of music, but I like it. A lot.

That's really all I have to say.

SkyeWint responds:

Perhaps we can just call it "music of some description".

Pretty damn impressive effort, this.

It has the same level of cohesion as a professional release, something I've been trying to achieve for a long time. The only issue I had with it personally is the slap bass. Not the use of it - it sounds fine when there's a lot going on in the mix. But when it's exposed and playing on its own, it sounds kind of cheap. Not in a this-is-what-the-genre-is kind of way, more of a I-couldn't-afford-a-real-slap-bass kind of way. I don't mean that as an insult at all, that's just how it comes off.

The only way the track might fail in terms of appeal is its dissonance. There were quite a few notes that sounded out of key or out of chord. This is fine if used sparingly, but it seems to carry the track here. I actually like the dissonance, personally, but it's probably not everyone's cup of tea. If it turns out that the music theory is 100% technically "correct" in your project file, I'm not sure what I'm hearing - but I'm pretty sure I'm right about this.

Anyway, great track. I'm going to download it.

AmperSSanD responds:

Wow big thanks for the awesome review

You´re probably right, I'm not a music theory expert, and i get what you mean about the bass, maybe it is too high in the mix, anyway I'm glad you liked it and thanks for downloading

I take it you live in the Northeast then? It flurried yesterday here.

Anyway, I have nothing bad to say about this. The mix is perfect, the composition is perfect... it's perfect. Might I be wrong in saying you take influence from Lunatic Soul? A lot of the atmosphere reminds me of that project, and it's one of my favorites.

Waxlimbs responds:

I do, Montreal for school and Toronto for the rest of my life!
This is really nice of you! Thanks so much. I haven't heard of Lunatic Soul, but I'll give them a listen now for sure. Thanks for turning me on to new things :)

EDIT: Oooooo I like this!

24, Male